Generating engaging and useful content isn’t always about writing another blog article. Handy blog posts are all well and good, but there are far quicker ways to communicate that value. The human brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster than text, after all. There’s a whole world of other mediums out there, so get creative!
We’ve found some content ideas and tools (like Canva and Checkli) to make it super quick and easy. Here’s how you can get started.
Infographics use colours, graphs, images, iconography, text, and appealing visuals to tell a story. They’re easy to create (using a tool like Canva) and much more attention-grabbing than paragraphs of text. Remember what we just said about processing times? Humans are visual beings.
Think about the top 5 questions you’re frequently asked and create content around that. You could start with:
- A report on the current housing market
- Apartment living checklist
- A guide to the selling process
- Which improvements increase the value of your home?
- Easy home staging tricks
Stick to your brand colours and fonts so your agency is cemented in potential buyers’ and sellers’ minds. Remember to always include your logo, too. When someone shares your infographic, you’re effectively getting free advertising!
Any opportunity to help buyers and sellers have a smoother experience is a win for you. Include things like storage, pet transport, removalists, or even a bond clean. Bonus points if you link out to local service providers!
Checkli helps you create checklists that you can link to on your blog, or email out as a pdf to be printed and popped on the fridge. It’s the modern-day branded fridge magnet!
An e-Book is an electronic book that can be distributed online, downloaded and read across devices (or even printed out). It’s a great way to give your buyers and sellers a more in depth insight into who you are and what you offer. You can create e-Books easily using Canva or, if you’ve got Adobe experience, InDesign works a treat.
If you’re stuck for ideas, here’s a few you can use to get your creative juices flowing:
- A quarterly market update (this could also include some of those infographics you created)
- Kids all fled the nest? A guide to downsizing
- Which neighbourhood suits your lifestyle? A guide to moving to the suburbs of Brisbane
- How to prepare a rural property for market
A few notes on distribution
If you’re going to insert an image (like a checklist or infographic) into your blog, make sure you give it a title, alt text and a short blurb. For example, we might title our moving checklist ‘What to do before you move house’. This is something buyers and sellers are likely to type into Google. Using phrases like this in your title, alt text and blurb makes it more likely your blog will surface in your prospects’ search results.
As for the other mediums:
- Instagram: Make use of hashtags to help your content get found! If you mention other businesses (like the local removalists), tag them. You should also add a call to action, directing people to your website.
- Facebook: Write some attention-grabbing text and add a call to action. Again, make sure to tag any businesses you mention.
- Facebook ads: Yes, you can use infographics in your Facebook ads! After all, you’re providing your audience with something valuable. Why not direct them to the contact page on your website?
Remember, most sellers don’t want the hard sell. They want to know you’ll support and guide them through the sales process. Put yourself in their shoes: what information would you be looking for? Then, create it using our ideas above!
If you’re looking for an easy way to get your online presence looking schmick in just four weeks, contact one of our Siteloft experts to find out how you can get started.