Automation sounds complicated, especially when already running 100 miles an hour. But it's not. If you already use calendar reminders, then you've made a start on automating your workday.
What is automation?
We’ve been talking about this a lot lately. Starting last year with the introduction of auto-sending emails and SMS, the Rex team have been on the case to help agencies of all sizes put their workload on auto-pilot.
There are hundreds of tasks you and your team do every day that involve repetition and are prone to errors, or simply getting overlooked. It might be something like copying the name of a client or writing the total value of the deal in the contract. When mistakes like this are made it can cause a headache for everyone involved, cost the business money, and jeopardise client relationships. Automation can help solve this problem!
Not only that, but the automation of your prospecting listing activities can deliver a better experience for your users and clients. A better customer experience will ensure more signs, more sales, and more money in the bank.
Benefits of Automation
What’s in it for me?
From the first punchcard tracking workers hours, businesses have been setting up automation because it saves money and saves time. And even more importantly reduces the mistakes that can come from human error. Thanks to the evolution of online technology the rate we can automate things is growing exponentially every year.
What we're achieving with the Zapier integration would've taken our team dozens of hours every week. It's kept everyone focused on the work that's really dollar productive.
Henry Hodge – Principal Henry Hodge Real Estate
As tools like Zapier become integrated with your CRM and workflow engine, like Rex Software the list of tasks that you can automate (without a computing degree) grows. Yes it does take a bit of time and patience to actually set your agency on autopilot but the list of benefits is long:
Quality & Consistency
- Better experience - information is correct and sent to prospects and clients on schedule
- Quality - automated processes never forget or make random mistakes
- Consistency - data remains consistent and up to date across platforms and departments
- Less errors - eliminates small human-related errors like misunderstanding or mistyping
- Runs 24/7 - public holidays, sick team members and company retreats don't stop the robot
- Client retention - Better quality and consistency means clients are happier and return
Speed & Time savings
- Speed - tasks that take a person days can be done in seconds with technology
- Save time - your team doesn't need to waste time on repetitive tasks
- Focus - allows your team to focus on higher-value initiatives
- Priorities - less small errors and issues mean the team has more time for priorities
- Big moves - remove little headaches so you can spend your time on big thinking
- Contribution - team members can do tasks that give them pride
- Retention - improves team retention as they aren’t slowly dying from repetitive tasks
Metrics & Reports
- Monitor - keep eye on business metrics and get alerted to issues as soon as they appear
- Dashboards - easily track daily metrics and trends to make informed timely decisions
- Reporting - create automated reports to see how your team and business are performing
Scaling & Growth
- Flexibility - the agency can adjust quickly when needed to more (or less) work
- Levers of change - understand the small changes you can make for a big effect
- Be nimble - no need to hire at the same rate as the agency is growing
Save Money (& Make More Money)
- People - utilise your current team better and grow without hiring more
- Full value - use advanced features of your tech that you're already paying for
- Less recruiting - save money and time on recruiting, less admin overhead and better retention
- Scale faster - flexible setup allows your business to grow immediately without constraints
- Revenue increases - costs are maintained with growth so revenue increases
If you want to know more about our integration with Zapier check out these two stories
Or head over to rexsoftware.com/zapier