Even if you're not familiar with ChatGPT, you've probably heard the name. It's the viral chatbot that everyone's talking about. And for a good reason, after entering the market in November last year this AI chatbot has proven a level of sophistication that can answer prompts creatively and produce text that sounds like a human wrote it. In an industry where high-touch communication is a prerequisite to success, ChatGPT could prove to be a game-changer for agents and agencies alike.
How does ChatGPT work?
Created by OpenAI, an artificial intelligence research company, ChatGPT is an example of AI technology called large language models. These AI systems process large amounts of information from the internet and make predictions to string words and sentences together in a meaningful way. Once a dialogue is started, ChatGPT also learns from previous questions and commands to inform its next responses.
What can real estate agents use ChatGPT for?
As agents, you’ve already seen AI and automation tools rapidly integrate into the day-to-day activities of real estate to increase efficiency and better serve clients. ChatGPT can help you take this to the next level by producing more of your written communication for you in a way that’s still personalised and human. This could include personalised marketing copy, property descriptions, suburb profiles and blog posts for your website. But the time-saving opportunities don’t stop there. By setting up automated workflows between your CRM and ChatGPT with a tool like Zapier, you can even have ChatGPT reply to general email inquiries and send follow up messages, so you don't have to lift a finger to deliver quality, high-touch interactions with clients and prospects.
Automating communications using the Rex Zapier integration
Zapier is a powerful online automation platform that enables seamless automation between various applications, including OpenAI (ChatGPT) and Rex CRM. By using Zapier to connect ChatGPT and Rex CRM, you can start setting up automated workflows for marketing and client communications.
To get started, you’ll need to set up a Zapier account, if you don’t already have one. If you just want to test the waters you can start with a 14 day free trial.
Once inside Zapier, you’ll be able to start creating workflows called ‘Zaps’. These Zaps consist of a trigger and one or more actions. The Rex Zapier integration includes a variety of pre-defined triggers including contact created, lead created, listing published and contract status changed, to name a few. Based on these triggers you can then set up an action for ChatGPT to generate responses, such as emails, messages or marketing copy.
This integration can significantly reduce the workload for agents while providing a quick and personalised response to clients. Moreover, by automating general day to day communication, real estate agents can focus on more critical tasks such as negotiating deals and closing sales.
Setting up Zaps between ChatGPT and Rex CRM
So what does this look like in action? Once you’ve created a Zapier account and connected ChatGPT and Rex CRM, here are a few of the automated workflows we recommend trying:
Responding to general enquiries via Email
We all know that quick follow-up increases the chances of converting an enquiry into a client. The longer an agent takes to reply, the more likely the lead may lose interest, be contacted by a competitor, or find an alternate property. With ChatGPT we can solve this problem by automating responses to general enquiries with dynamically generated and personalised email copy.
Setting up this workflow using Zapier can be done using the following steps:
1. Define the trigger: In this case, we want our Zap to trigger when a new Lead is created in Rex CRM.
2. Define the first action: When the trigger ‘Lead Created’ fires in Rex CRM, we want Zapier to send a prompt to ChatGPT to respond to the enquiry, so we set the action as ‘Send Prompt in OpenAPI (ChatGPT).
3. Add details to the prompt: We want sent to ChatGPT, in this case it’s the details of the email we want sent. This will include the email subject, recipient, and the message body. he message body of the email could be generated by ChatGPT using dynamic text that pulls information from the property listing in Rex CRM. For example, ChatGPT could use the property address, list price, and other details to generate a personalised message that is specific to the property.
4. Define the next action: Finally, we want the drafted email to be input back into Rex CRM and sent to the new lead. To do this, we set the final action in our Zap to ‘Send Email in Rex’.
Add marketing copy to your property listings
Marketing copy plays a important role in attracting potential buyers to a property. A well-written and engaging listing description can help set a property apart from others on the market by highlighting its unique features and benefits. It can also help potential buyers envision themselves living in the property and increase their emotional connection to it.
Agents can save valuable time and improve the efficiency of their marketing efforts by instructing ChatGPT to draft compelling listing descriptions and having it automatically attached to the listing inside Rex CRM.
This workflow can be set up using Zapier by following these steps:
1. Define the trigger: This time we want our Zap to trigger whenever a listing is created in Rex.
2. Define the first action: In Zapier, you would then connect to ChatGPT and set up the details for the marketing copy that will be added to the listing notes in Rex CRM.
3. Add details to the prompt: ChatGPT will dynamically generate marketing copy by pulling in the information from Rex CRM you define. For example, ChatGPT could use the property address, list price, and other details to generate a customised marketing copy that is specific to the property.
4. Define the next action: Once the listing marketing copy has been drafted by ChatGPT, we want it added to the listing in Rex CRM in the Notes section. To do this we add an action to the Zap to ‘Create Note in Rex’.
By leveraging ChatGPT to generate more client and marketing communications, agents can save time and resources while still delivering a high-touch, personalised experience to their clients. Integrating ChatGPT with Rex CRM through Zapier makes automating these workflows possible, translating to improved customer experience and better retention rates.